The last few months have been trying on us all… Our nutritionist, Cara, shares some tips to help you get back on track and feeling great.
Making changes to your diet is easier than you think
Weight loss is not an overnight fix, but it does not need to be complicated. Calories-in calories-out remains the basis of weight management, however, here are some of my favourite tips to help support and accelerate your weight loss journey:
- If sugar cravings get the better of you, I highly recommend supplementing with 200mcg of chromium, a mineral that keeps the sugar cravings at bay like nothing else! Juice cleansing also works wonders to help reset cravings due to its high nutrient content.
- Protein requires more energy to break down than carbohydrates do. Eating protein with every meal helps to boost the metabolism and stabilise blood sugar, reducing cravings and keeping you fuller for longer.
- Limit your dairy intake (or cut it out completely). Dairy is highly inflammatory and messes with our hormonal pathways, especially in women, which can hinder weight loss. Replace your dairy with nut milk alternatives.
- Getting enough quality sleep helps to lower cortisol, a stress hormone that can cause stubborn weight issues, especially around the abdomen area when stress levels are too high.
- Increasing vitamin C intake boosts weight loss by increasing the production of carnitine, an amino acid that plays a role in fat metabolism. 2000mg is double the daily recommended dosage, however, the body excretes the vitamin C it doesn’t need. Only avoid high doses of vitamin C if you have kidney issues, otherwise you’re safe to boost up with this powerful vitamin!
Five tips to support weight loss:
- Sugar cravings? Supplement with chromium
- Eat a little protein with every meal
- Limit dairy intake
- Ensure you’re getting enough sleep
- Increase vitamin C intake to 2000mg per day