Everything you need to know about a Juice Cleanse:
A juice cleanse (also known as a juice fast) is a detox diet. During a cleanse, you consume liquid vegetables and fruits for a short period, usually three to seven days. Drinking juice, floods the body with healing nourishment while flushing toxins and waste.
Juice cleanses support the body’s natural detox processes by clearing the diet of sugar, caffeine, refined foods, and other substances. You can expect to feel more energised after foods that can deplete energy have been removed from the diet.
The Fast Detox Diet Plan
A typical cleanse lasts for three to seven days. For optimum results, there should be a preparation stage which should last between three to five days, and a post-cleanse transition back to normal foods / a solid-food diet which should last between two and three days.
Adjusting your diet before your cleanse will make it easier for you both mentally and physically.
Pros of the Juice Cleanse Diet
- Improved health: Since fruits and vegetables are rich in nutrients, drinking fresh juice boosts the intake of vitamins, minerals, and other anti-inflammatory compounds. These micronutrients may help support immunity and improve overall health.
- Increased energy: Most people feel more energetic after a juice cleanse. This could be partly due to the energy-boosting nutrients in fruits and vegetables combined with a decrease in foods that tend to lead to energy crashes such as coffee and sugary foods
- Reduced dehydration: Another way a juice cleanse might increase energy is by reducing dehydration. Many people don’t drink the recommended amount of fluids (9 to 13 cups daily). This can leave you feeling fatigued. Drinking juice all day can help reduce this effect.
- Remove toxins: Several fruits and veggies are recognised as natural detoxifiers so with increased consumption of the right juices harmful toxins can be removed from the body
- Better digestion: Raw juice contains enzymes that improve digestion.
Is a Juice Cleanse a Healthy Choice for You?
Following a juice cleanse can provide a short-term boost for starting a new healthy eating program or a quick reset after a few days of indulging. Following a juice fast for three to seven days will provide short-term weight loss and depending on your goals, can be a great way to kickstart new, long-term healthy habits.
To pursue a healthier life long-term, look to improve exercise levels, sleep, and other lifestyle factors that significantly affect your overall health. The best diet is always the one that is balanced and fits your lifestyle.